Barclays looking to hire a Sr. Java Developer in New York, Refer details to submit job application at Barclays.
Position : Senior Java Developer – Portal
Work location : New York, NY
Business Area : COO & Functions
Area of Expertise : Technology
As a Barclays Java Developer you will work within the Portal development team. This team is responsible for a risk management software for equities electronic trading. The successful candidate will be involved in the full development life cycle of changes from analysis and design through to implementation and third line support. The focus of this role will be on the build-out and integration of the Portal application supporting the Equities Electronic Trading business.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We’ve helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- Work on the technical architecture and design of Portal used in the electronic trading division
- Produce high quality server side Java code with minimal direction
- Support other members of the development team as a senior member of the team providing guidance and constructive criticism
- Working with team to assign work responsibilities
What we’re looking for:
• 5 years of experience with Java on LINUX (or other relevant experience with an aptitude to cross-train)
• Experience with publish/subscribe middleware such as Tibco, Solace, or Kafka
• 3 to 5 years of writing Shell scripts
• Experience in electronic trading and financial markets
Skills that will help you in the role:
• C++ (or any other object oriented programming skills)
• Experience in design and implementation of complex distributed systems
• DOCKER/KUBERNATES – a plus / not mandatory
• Knowledge of one of more database technologies
Submit job application : submit here
Check other open jobs