TMX Group is hiring Senior C++ Application Developer for Toronto – ON location, refer job role to submit job application at TMX.
Position : Senior C++ Application Developer
Location : Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Company : TMX Group
Seniority level : Associate
Employment type : Full-time
Job function : Engineering and Information Technology
The role of the Senior Developer is to employ advanced technical and process oriented skills and knowledge, supported by strong communication skills, in the design, development and support of TSX mission critical business system applications.
Application development activities are conducted throughout the entire project life cycle and subsequent production support and maintenance stages of an application. The development stages range from project concept through architecture & design, construction, testing, implementation and support.
How does aC++ Senior Developerat TMX contribute?
- Analyze business requirements and use appropriate technologies (e.g. Object Oriented) to produce component, subsystem, and application level design
- Develop high performance and sustainable applications focusing on reusable components, stable interfaces, common libraries, etc
- Design and implement tools and drivers to confirm data consistency, measure the processing speed, and verify the system functional accuracy
- Preparation of application operational/procedural documentation for users and technical support staff. Documentation to be produced according to divisional standards
- Conduct/participate in design and code reviews, identify language related problems and performance issues, provide feedback and corrections related to online documentation, evaluate code compliance to enterprise and project standards
- Occasionally provide 3rd level application support with rotational 7/24 pager duties to ensure mission critical application availability meet Service Level Agreements
- Code management of release deliverables
- Ongoing application support / maintenance including bug fixes, application enhancements, capacity, performance and disaster recovery testing and various ad hoc requests
- Leadership and mentorship of other development staff on various development assignments
- Act as a technical liaison with various other business and technical groups, support coordination of activities to achieve successful task completion targets
- Perform assessments and provide input to technical viability and cost efficiency of various project proposals
- Provide assistance to management in the identification, scoping, estimation, scheduling, monitoring and delivery of various application deliverables
- Maintain an understanding of current computer technologies and industry related applications with a particular focus on the securities industry. Keeps abreast of TSX and industry market directions and policies, regulations and future development plans
- University degree in computer science or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimal 5 years experience in development of critical systems in a financial institution or security exchange
- Minimal 5 years working experience in Linux, Unix, C/C++, Java, STL, SQL on Oracle, Python and shell scripting
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with peers business rules specialists and partners
- Organized, focused and persistent – ability to work to the plan and meet delivery dates
- Good interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and balance multiple concurrent assignments
- Securities industry knowledge or Canadian Securities Course completion would be an asset
TMX is committed to creating and sustaining a collegial work environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity and respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. We provide accommodations for applicants and employees who require it.
Submit Job Application : Visit here
Other Positions :