Qualcomm Incorporated is looking to hire a IT Software Developer in locations San Diego US or Austin USA, refer below details to submit job application.
Positions: IT Software Developer – Staff
Working Location : San Diego USA & Austin USA
Company: Qualcomm Incorporated
Information Technology Group, Information Technology Group > IT Software Developer
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Develops high-quality software design and architecture. Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develops tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code and automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Suggests strategies for solving issues during technical meetings.
- Designs, develops, and enhances highly complex back-end/front-end applications independently, associated integrations, and required test harnesses independently.
- Strong understanding of service-oriented architecture principles and techniques, object-oriented design principles, and database design and implementation
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management and build processes also.
- Develops web applications and engineering tools that includes programming at the data layer, integration layer, API layer, and the UI layer
- Prepares and implements solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Architects, designs, and develops complex, scalable, highly available, and secure system integrations and APIs
- Acts as a technical lead for large and complex projects to ensure they are driven to completion.
Preferred Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of software development experience, or 8 with an advanced degree.
- Experience with software development in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating your programming and design skills
- 2+ years’ experience with cloud technologies (AWS/GCP)
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle.
- Experience developing systems with SQL (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB)
- Demonstrated expertise working with Front End Development and Back End Development
- Hands on technical leadership experience leading project teams and setting technical direction
- 5+ years of experience in API design, RESTful web services and interactions that occur in complex distributed system
- Experience with large scale software development with strong practical knowledge of web software development also.
- Good if have experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Experience with version control software such as GIT or Perforce
- Expertise in microservices development either in Java or Python
- Ability to architect, design, implement, and maintain large scale systems
- Familiarity with messaging technologies like Kafka, Akka.Net, NServiceBus or RabbitMQ is a plus
- Strong technical leadership and mentorship ability
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows)
- Experience working with a global software development team in a matrixed environment
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile also.
- Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
- Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
- Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
- Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Education:Bachelors – technical field (e.g., Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems), See the required degree associated with years of work experience
Education: Bachelors – Computer Science, Bachelors – Engineering, Bachelors – Information Systems
- 8+ years IT-relevant work experience with Bachelor’s degree,
- 1+ years of work experience with distributed systems and pipelines also.
- Have 1+ years of work experience in engineering applications in cloud. ,
- 1+ years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above). ,
- 3+ years experience working in a large matrixed organization. ,
- 2+ years working with operating budgets and/or project financials. ,
- 2+ years in a technical leadership role with or without direct reports.
Other Open Positions