Citizens Property Insurance Corporation is hiring Data Engineer / SSIS, Python Developer in Florida, Refer job details to submit job application.
Positions : Data Engineer / SSIS, Python Developer
Location : Jacksonville, FL
Primary Location : US-FL-Jacksonville
Work Locations : Jacksonville
Job : AU – Audit
Organization : CPIC BU
Citizens is pleased to offer this opportunity on a mostly remote / virtual basis however the selected candidate must live within the state of FL and travel to Citizens Jacksonville, FL office twice per month. Visa sponsorship is NOT being offered for this position at this time.
Searching for a place to make your mark? Every great team depends on the individual contributions of its members – the skills, talents and the passion that each team member brings. At Citizens, we’re building a workforce of top achievers committed to our company’s mission and vision. Our company values the knowledge that comes from experienced and dedicated individuals with a variety of backgrounds, in or out of insurance.
Citizens’ Mission is to provide property insurance protection in Florida to those who are, in good faith, unable to obtain coverage through the private market while also providing the utmost in customer service. Our Values are public service, integrity, respect, responsiveness and sound judgment. We strive to not only provide affordable insurance products and services but also to provide sound financial responsibility to the citizens of Florida.
At Citizens, we are a team of dedicated, service-minded professionals committed to our policyholders. Come achieve and maximize your potential with us!
The Office of the Internal Auditor (OIA) Data Analyst / Data Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining business intelligence (BI) solutions to support key strategic and operational initiatives. In this role, you will be working collaboratively with the internal OIA, technical IT teams and business stakeholders to ensure end-user needs for BI solutions are met. You will support OIA’s insights driven assurance initiative through data analytics and data engineering in accordance with the OIA Strategy and Plan, which is aligned with the risk profile of the organization. The purpose of the role is to assist OIA with the acquisition and maintenance of available data, development of meaningful analytics, robotic process automation and machine learning which supports internal audit, enterprise risk, and internal control in its role as assurance provider to the Audit Committee and Senior Management. You must be skilled in SSIS and Python to be considered for this position.
Job Duties / Essential Functions
Models ethical behavior and executes job responsibilities in accordance with Citizens core values, ethics, and information protection policies.
- Analyze source system data to understand the data structures, definitions, and anomalies. Act as the liaison between IT and the business units during the development of new data initiatives ensuring requirements are met and data is accurate and available .
- Plan, design, develop, modify, debug, and evaluate software automations for functional areas. Analyze the design and use of complex data sources. Monitor and employ source code control techniques and configuration management.
- Perform complex data analysis and test/debug complex automations. Apply moderately complex programming security practices.
- Produce and/or automate production of accurate, consistent and timely reports by extracting information from various applications and warehouses, manipulating data and leveraging business intelligence tools to provide actionable insights to business leaders and executives in standard and ad-hoc report requests.
- Mentor and coach business partners and customers in data analysis and business intelligence tools, with a focus on self-service reporting.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities to make recommendations to improve existing processes to maximize opportunities for effectiveness and automation.
Required Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 4 years relevant experience OR a combination of college education and relevant experience equivalent to 4 years.
- 5+ years of experience in analytics, report writing, pivot tables, macros, working with various reporting tools such as SSIS, Python, Microsoft Excel/Access, Cognos, and Power BI, which must also include 4 or more years of experience in data management, development projects and activities .
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Working knowledge of RPA (UiPath, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, Power Automate) or other commercial robotic process tools and techniques
- Proven knowledge in one or more programming languages (Java Enterprise Edition, Python) and the ability to review programming code and identify and correct issues or discrepancies.
- Data manipulation, comparison, and computation proficiency
- Solid knowledge of Enterprise level Information Management programs and relational database design and support (SSIS)
- Advanced knowledge of Business Intelligence tools such as Microsoft Power BI and/or Cognos
- Application Packaging & Deployment
- Knowledge of machine learning / Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Advanced knowledge of database normalization data modeling techniques
- Web Application development frameworks
- Ability to perform advanced analysis on business data and deliver reports to management with a high level of quality and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems through analytical approaches
- Strong quantitative, data analysis, analytical, and report writing skills
- System thinking and design skills
- Identify and resolve issues and identify solutions, utilizing comprehensive analytical skills and demonstrating an attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and projects simultaneously with high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively interact with both internal and external contacts in person, by e-mail, or over the phone
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, including ability to work in a team environment
- Self-motivated and work independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to design scorecards and dashboards to define business metrics and provide analytics for strategic KPIs.
- 6+ years combined experience in data management projects, developing data metrics, analytics, dashboards, complex queries
- Experience with data management techniques for dealing with Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- Experience with SQL queries and working in a cloud data environment
- Successful completion of format training program related to the subject of data forensics.
We offer unlimited career potential, excellent training and development opportunities, and a structured Career Development program to explore future roles of interest while growing and developing in your existing role.
Citizens offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes comprehensive medical/dental, Retirement Savings Plan, Vacation and Sick Time, EAP, Tuition Reimbursement, Community Service and much more!
- Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Company Paid employee basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Generous paid time off: vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional and leadership development opportunities
- Company Paid Parking
- Employee recognition programs
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- Community and volunteering opportunities
- Casual dress
Citizens is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Senior Java Developer Portal – NYC
- .NET Core Full Stack Developers – NYC
- .NET Developer / Architect (Oracle PL/SQL / TFS)
- Senior React Native Engineer
- React Native Software Developer
About Citizens Property Insurance Corporation
Citizens is a nonprofit, government insurance company that insures Florida home, business and condo owners who are unable to find private-market coverage. Citizens’ employees are driven first and foremost by our mission of service to the people of Florida. In addition to providing a quality product and service, we strive to be good stewards of the premium funds entrusted to us and are committed to modeling the highest level of ethical behavior. Our purpose-driven mission informs every action and decision we make, and we are proud of the valuable service we provide to our customers and the Florida marketplace.