Join leading Investment management company BlackRock as Vice President, Web UI Engineer in New York, US. refer job details to submit BlackRock job application in New York.
Job Title : Vice President, Web UI Engineer
Location : New York, US
Job Category: Technology
About this role
Would you like to create software that shapes the financial markets? Do you like working at the speed of a start-up, and tackling some of the world’s most interesting challenges? Do you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders and experts in technology and finance?
At BlackRock we are looking for Software Engineers who like to innovate and solve complex problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
The Aladdin platform that we build is used by BlackRock investors and we also sell this to over 100 global financial clients. It is used to invest, protect, and manage trillions of dollars every day. We have an extraordinary responsibility to our clients all over the world, and a complete focus on high quality product development. Our technology helps millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for education, buy a home and improve their financial well-being. With our focus on sustainability and ESG in the investment process, Aladdin is increasingly used to help investors build climate-aware sustainable portfolios.
Being a technologist at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the most advanced financial companies and being part of a FinTech software development team who build great products using next generation technology and solutions.
• Passionate about technology with personal ownership for the work you do
• Curious and eager to learn new things, and willing to challenge the status quo
• Love working within a successful team, learning from and helping others
• Willing to embrace work outside of your comfort zone, and push boundaries
• Data and quality focused, with an eye for the details that make great solutions
• You sometimes make mistakes, but always learn from them
• Passionate about building high quality scalable software to meet the needs of tomorrow
• Delivering solutions for both BlackRock investment users and external clients.
• Building a greenfield platform that will provide streamlined user workflows and high scale
• Automating the investment process using: Algorithms, Optimization, APIs, Microservices and distributed computing backed by an intuitive exception based UX
• Building working, testable software every day, enabled by a scaled agile process and tools
• A team who loves to innovate and continuously deliver value to our users through technology
The position is in the Portfolio Management Engineering team in the Aladdin Product Group. This team is embarking on a greenfield project to transform a mature PM tool set into an integrated persona-based platform with streamlined user workflows and a high degree of automation and scale. The team works closely with BlackRock portfolio managers as well as helping deliver this to external clients. They also partner closely with world class Product Managers, UX designers, Quality Assurance Engineers and Client Support teams to deliver high quality, scalable and resilient PM capabilities. The team is looking for an ambitious hands-on software developer to work on this exciting strategic product and help upgrade the Aladdin Platform. As a key member of our engineering team, you will be encouraged and empowered to bring your ideas forward to help shape our technology, process, and products. This will help you become a respected and successful player in our diverse team.
Skills and Experience:
• Expert in web development and proficient in web frameworks, design patterns, and SDLC: such as Angular 2+, React, typescript, design, development, testing, debugging and automation techniques
• Demonstrate an ability to build real-time applications or apps that process large volume of data yet remain highly responsive even in high-latency environments
• Experience working with backend engineers, end users, and UX designers when building user interfaces
• Experience with the whole web stack, including protocols, web client server performance tuning and optimisation techniques
• Experience with the Agile SDLC, with a quality-first mindset and high test coverage focus, using test frameworks like Cypress, Mocha, Jest, Karma etc.
• Experience interfacing with RESTful APIs (and Websockets is a plus)
• Experience with micro frontends and micro services is a plus
• Passionate about delightful user experience, building high quality, responsive, persona-based UIs to meet the needs of tomorrow
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
• Experience or a real interest in finance, investment or portfolio management processes, and an ability to translate business problems into technical solutions
• Experience leading dev teams, projects, or being fully responsible for the design and technical quality of a significant application, system, or key component. Ability to form positive relationships with partnering teams, sponsors, and user groups
• Keep abreast of current and emerging trends of web platforms and web technologies
• Build web component libraries, templates, and client-side applications that will be deployed across a wide range of platforms and environments
• Engineer reusable interfaces, components and modules, through crafting elegant code, to deliver User Delight
• Write and review technical design specs
• Optimise applications for a performant and responsive design
• Work symphonically in a team like an ensemble
• Continuously improve on new technologies and techniques
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock’s current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what’s important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our “One BlackRock” culture means you’ll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work – wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Tags : Blackrock jobs in New York, Jobs nearby New York US, Technology jobs in New York, Blackrock career in New York, Vice President, Web UI Engineer job in New York, Job Opportunity in New York,